Monday, January 30, 2006

Latest Film...Untitled




The week has started and I need to have a scene finished for my latest animated film, which is a sort of mystery concerning a young Victorian violet seller and her idol, a beautiful actress with a sinister smile. The piece will end up being about nine minutes or so. Here are some test images (they give you an idea about color, and the one of the violet seller is actually almost perfectly on model - which means she looks the way she will when she's animated). You will notice that there are two images of the violet seller, both with different colors. The one with warmer tones is for shots of this character inside the theater, while the cooler ones are her exterior shades. The actress's colors are interior colors as well. I don't have a title yet for this piece, which is a constant source of frustration for me. No one around me has come up with anything - and I don't expect them to, they have enough work on their plates as it is - and so I've been kicking around words for a few months...rhyming them, unrhyming them (I don't want it to sound corny...nor too self-important), just trying to find something to complement the tone of the piece. It will come, I know, I just don't know when yet.

No comments: