Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My New Website: Sneak Peek


So this is some of my new art for my flash website, which should be up and running within a month or two. I painted this in Photoshop (I yearn for other, fancier painting programs - but they're expensive! Plus, Photoshop is pretty handy overall. It's a decently intuitive program to work with, and the layers make editing stuff - I tend to duplicate layers, then edit one of the duplicates, and turn the layer on and off, seeing whether I like the result - very easy).

The website will be very moody and atmospheric, and be rather like a game, where you can find items to unlock secret levels and animations. Ultimately, it's up to the viewer to discover what the hell happened to this seemingly bucolic town...hint: there's going to be a dead butcher in his own meat counter, and lots of stains scattered about... My portfolio will also be accessible through the site, so that will be fun and convenient.

Also, I figured out my action script problem thanks to the collaborative efforts of Jen and Jackie - fellow classmate and T.A., respectively - thank you! Apparently my biggest problems were this: I was missing a couple of braces, and my code was in the wrong order.

I've been trying to upload some of my favourite sound files through stickam, so that I can post them on my blog, but I keep on getting an internal server error. Boo! My file is the correct size, so what the heck is going on? Urgh - this has been going on for over a week. Maybe I should try another hosting site.

Happy Thanksgiving, folks! Eat lots of dead bird flesh!

No comments: