Friday, January 26, 2007

Drawing Day

Today is the first day of Falling Lizard, the annual weekend-long event spent at UCLA (by UCLA animation grads) working intensively on films - all day, every day, you're supposed to work, and that's pretty much it. I'm skipping out on tonight because I'm sick, but I spent today at the Natural History Museum as a part of the drawing class I'm taking. Mostly, we looked at fossils and the Northern American Mammals section. I'm pretty proud of myself! My draftsmanship is getting better, and has improved quite a lot over the past year. The teacher called my first sketch "pretty good," and I've never gotten anything close to a "pretty good" before. Yay! I'll try and post some drawings in between the madness that this weekend is going to be. Have a good weekend!

No comments: