Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New Paintings



Sometimes I desperately need to take a break from working with computers all the time, and nothing is more satisfying to me than painting! The watercolor above I finished last week; it's a very Lopesian (yes, I'm allowed to turn my name into an adjective - here we come O.E.D.!!!) take on the Little Red Riding Hood tale.



The other painting, which I did in acrylic, is very totemic to me. I won't break its abstract mystery into a bunch of easy-to-digest shapes and colors, but it's set in a post-apocalyptic dystopia I revisit a lot in my dreams.

On a side note: my dreams are weird. Most of them take place in a series of exact, repeated locations that I could chart out with a map if I wanted to. These locations aren't places I've visited in the "real"/awake world (they're too strange, and sometimes cruel, to be areas I've been to), yet their geography is solid, and even interconnected, in my dreams. For example, I could set out on a journey from one end of my dream landscapes to another visiting all the cities and wharves and deserts and such within them, though it would take days or weeks to do so in my dream. Time is fun in dreams, too, because it compresses and stretches out as much as you need or want it to. At least it does it mine.

I love to sleep! Yay sleep!

One very last side note: I started playing World of Warcraft on Sunday, and now I'm hopelessly addicted. I blew all of Sunday evening and Monday (day) playing. I have a Tauren hunter who's level eleven, and a zombie who's level ten. They're both super cute and make me happy. :D But I'm sad, too - I haven't got to party with anyone yet! Plus some idiot kept on trying to challenge me to a duel when I was level seven or something, but I guess that's partly my fault for joining a PVP realm first off. Blah.

No comments: