Sunday, April 29, 2007

Prop Shop Stop...and Book Fair!!!


So, here's a pic of my Second Life avatar looking exceptionally sneaky on a couch I bought for the machinima I'm going to make. By the way, what the heck are her hands doing? Personally, I have no idea. I've been musing over the idea of self in a virtual world - where am "I" in this picture? Is my avatar an extension of my self/id - or is it a truer self than the masked skin body I waltz around in (cuz it's a virtual mask I choose to wear, rather than the form I am currently constrained in)? Curioser and curioser...

In other news, I went to the UCLA book fair yesterday, and bought books! Surprise! I also bought a cuddly version of a parasitic book worm, and a coffee mug in the shape of a molar. I'm going to be moving into a new apartment pretty soon, and am looking forward to redecorating. Ah, sweet medical charts! Soon you shall be unleashed once more upon the world (and my walls)!

Also, I'm working on an After Effects project that I'll post when I'm done. Right now I'm taking a break from it, but believe me, it's cool. Oh, so cool...

No comments: