Monday, July 30, 2007

Comic Con Recap


So, I didn't get to see Neil Gaiman, but I accomplished pretty much all my other goals and had a really great time at the con nonetheless!

I ended up buying a 4 GB Psy mimobot from the ever-so-cool mimobot booth at the con (for the uninitiated, mimobots are really adorable flash drives).

The image I've posted is the cover of an erotic art comic I bought called Little Ego by Vittorio Giardino. The art and storytelling obviously owe a lot to Winsor McCay, and I can't say no to a book that has a woman trying to make a teapot ejaculate.

In the swag section I ended up with many cool items, including a neat Cartoon Network messenger bag with all sorts of scribbly illustrations along the outside, and a signed book by David Horvath, one of the co-creators of Uglydolls. He was super happy because I think I was one of the few people in the line who knew who he was, and actually wanted the book because I like his sweet designing skills. But the bestest swag included a free trial version of Corel Painter X and...(da ta da) Guild Wars (cuz I need another MMORPG in my life).

Of course I visited Jim Balent and Holly G., and I bought one of her new books, School Bites, which looked cute.

I attended Jerry Beck's annual presentation of the Worst Cartoons Ever, which I will give links to over the course of the next few months (they're worth seeing, if just to prove how utterly horrible a cartoon can truly be), and the gauntlet run of Spike and Mike's Sick and Twisted Festival of Animation, the highlight of which (in my opinion) was Lone Sausage's Angry Little Cinammon Bun.

All right people, that's about it. Enjoy the links!

No comments: