Monday, July 16, 2007

The Old Man's Sleepy, and So Am I...


Today I've been exhausted. I'm not complaining or anything - I hate whining - I'm just super sleepy. So instantly, I think of dozing old men, and in an effort to keep myself awake, I draw a dozing old man. I made him using my Wacom and Adobe Photoshop at work. I started drawing him with outlines, then removed them at the end - I think it's kind of interesting-looking, but I'm a little dissatisfied with it.

On another note - I always see on blogs that people's artwork gets shiny, glowing compliments unless the artist denigrates their own piece. Just a little ole observation I made today.

You, however, my dear and faithful reader, are completely prohibited from making any comments, thanks to the html from hell. Enjoy. :)

2 comments:

MJ said...

I got to your blog from threadless today... and that is one very cool old man. He has kind of a collage-y quality that I really respond to. However you drew the hair, that is a really nice effect.

Michelle Lopes said...

I'm glad you like him, Mj, and thanks for visiting! I used a Wacom and drew out individual hairs, then dodged and burned further hairs on top of that. It's a longish process, but I love drawing hair. :)