Friday, September 07, 2007

Figure in a Forest


I did this painting last week - it was a very organic work, nothing planned out - and felt very good to create. I actually intended this work to be an experiment using textures, such as granite and the like, but ended up not going that route at all. The medium is acrylic, and I love the clash of bright colors.

Going to classes at Santa Monica College is proving to be rather a hassle; I started signing up late, and everything's full. So instead I'm falling back on my original plan, and looking forward to taking painting classes with the middle aged and elderly. Judging by my recent experience of sitting in on a lone drawing class at SMC, I trust my future colleagues will have much more interesting subject matter to discuss.



I am including the glamour shots of the Mac keyboard because I bought one recently, and I must say, it is by far the best keyboard I have ever experienced. The feel of the keys is so light - perfect for my picky fingers which stick a lot on traditional raised keyboards. Although you know, I will always have a secret love for the stepped round keys of a typewriter...anyone up to make me a keyboard like that for a computer?

1 comment:

Michael said...

Gorgeous painting

Take Care
michael