Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Vectorized Drunken Owl...Yeah


So I pulled out Flash 8 to kind of keep my hand in it today and came up with this drunken owl. He made me fairly happy today amidst the crush and pull of the crazy mundane crap. I think he probably needs more contrast, but I'm going to try some other techniques out tomorrow.

I wonder why my vector art never tends to turn into a jpg very gracefully? (I.e. retain its beautiful vector crispness when it's a jpg) Is there a way to do this that I'm overlooking?

Edit: So I solved some of the problem by exporting the image from Flash at a higher dpi resolution - 300 dpi instead of 72 - and exporting as a png file. If you click on the owl below, you'll actually see a much improved image. However, the shrinking Blogger does in order to make a button for this post currently makes the vectors look a bit yucky on this page. I'm still wondering if I can preserve a vector-friendly file that will present itself gracefully once it's been turned into a button. Hmm...

2 comments:

marissa said...

he's very cute though!

Michelle Lopes said...

Thanks! ^_^