Sunday, February 13, 2011

Victorian Escape!

So this is the final watercolor result of something I'd eventually like to use for the cover of my Kindle 2. As it stands I really enjoy the image as a narratively terse, stand-alone illustration. I've been working on some more t-shirt contest artwork that I shall dutifully post as they are finished, and I've also been starting some preliminary work on the pin-up girls for my new film gig. I'll ask the director if I can put up some of those images as well.

On this illustration specifically - I love the bright tones you can get from using the Japanese Sumi-E watercolor set by Yasutomo. You can get really slick, thick patches of paint that definitely pop off the page.

Harrowing heroine hounded (by hirsute pursuants)! Live telegraph feed at eleven!

No comments: