Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Tauren, Some Pin-Ups, and a Novel


I have been busy. "Busy" is a terrible word that can imply a lot of effort without results, so I'll amend that. I have been very productive. Artistically productive, creatively productive, there is a bounty of wealth out there that I've bee authoring, and I'm proud of it.

Some of my sketches will soon be appearing in UCLA graduate filmmaker Christina Sun Kim's short film "Pretty Pictures." Links to the project and the artwork will start popping up when the project moves into post-production. In other exciting news, I entered a Jinx Warcraft-themed t-shirt design contest and my design scored second-highest of the submissions in the public voting round. In a little less than a week I'll find out the results, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks to everyone who voted - I always appreciate your kindness and support!

Throughout all of this I'm steadily working on my novel, which had a setback of about a week due to an influx of work. I'm in the second act, which is always a tricky place to be but fun to work through. Taking an online class in Java coding, which is interesting and fairly similar to C++ so far. Due to an unexpected eyeglass tragedy I recently replaced my usual specs for the new, dandy pair below. I am inordinately pleased with them.

The image at the top is a photographed sketch of my Warcraft main, Stirfry. Going to play around with her and color/paint in Photoshop - possibly to make a forum signature. I'm working on a couple of other projects at this point, so it's nice to have something to be a bit freer on.

No comments: