Saturday, May 28, 2011

She's Got Plans


The past couple of weeks have been full of surprises and visitations. A friend from out of town, in addition to all kinds of family, have made my life very busy lately. Despite all the bustle, I've been focusing on a kind of multiple-pronged plan of attack - methods to make money while being creative without selling my soul to the highest bidder on craigslist. The following list represents all my brainstorming efforts. Oh yes, and the Grim Reaper on the violin above is a design that was not chosen by an individual as their final tattoo at Createmytattoo.com. He was fun to draw, though!

My Upcoming Plots:

Open up an Etsy store. This will happen next week, with an E.T.A. scheduled for Friday at the latest. My Etsy store will feature hand-sculpted beads, original watercolors and collages, embroidery artwork, and eventually prints and a zombie coloring book. You have been warned!

Post some tattoo designs in the Createmytattoo.com Marketplace. Instead of creating tattoos for individuals on an edit-by-edit basis, this will allow me to post up ink and get a (probably small) income from people buying my ready-made designs.

Create an Artsprojekt or Zazzle store. I'm on the fence deciding which of the two to really pursue, but I can upload artwork to either and have people buy my designs on things like t-shirts, electronic device cases, mousepads and the like. This will be happening at the end of next week after the Etsy store is up and running. Check out Artsprojekt.com and Zazzle.com to tell me which one you think would be better... Or are they both perhaps the same company with just two different faces? Curious!

Get E-Published. I have a large amount of short stories I've written over the years, and I'd like to edit and create a collection of them for sale through Amazon. This will undoubtedly not be my direct path to fortune and glory, but I think it will be nice to get published for multiple reasons - the primary ones concerned with developing a history of publication, and satisfying a long-term personal goal.

And yes, I'm still working on my novel! I'm getting a handle on budgeting my time, and spending a great deal of effort on design and preparation for all of these ventures. If you catch me scribbling in a notebook, I'm most certainly plotting one of these sinister ventures!

No comments: