Monday, November 14, 2011

Fresh Paint


Finished up two new paintings last night - this one and another pouring medium piece. The pouring medium paintings don't photograph very well (at least with my limited resources), and this one is a bit too large for my scanner, so I'll have to figure out another way to save them.

This is a painting I've developed from a sketch a few months ago. It's all done in Japanese watercolors, which have a nice vibrant tone that I'm awfully fond of. Ink and pencil were also used. There's koi, sakura (or cherry blossoms), and the figure is a geisha. I think I was channeling a lot of themes my stepmother awoke in me a long time ago. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Memorabillia said...

Nice Blog You Have here, Please Visit & Follow us...cheers..

http://mymemorabillia.blogspot.com/